Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Quilt-y Girl's Best Friend

It's official.  I have decided.  My all-time favorite quilting tool is...

(Dramatic pause)


My seam ripper!



I know, I know.  Some people might think the dramatic pause may have been overkill for this little guy.  But hear me out.

I believe this little three dollar wonder is not just a tool, but a friend.  Here's why:


1.  My seam ripper is by my side throughout each and every project.  (Supportive)
2.  My seam ripper is ready to lend a helping hand whenever needed.  (Dependable)
3.  It does not mind when I sing as I quilt, or as I rip out stitches.  (Easy-Going)
4.  It does not laugh at my fabric choices.  (Non-Judgmental)
5.  It reminds me of Lisa Boyer -- my top pick for funny quilt-y reading!  (Light-Hearted)
6.  My seam ripper never tells anyone about the mistakes I've made.  (Discreet)
7.  It never yells at me about those mistakes -- even though they may have been repeated.  (Patient)
8.  It gives me confidence to try again, and again, and again.  (Encouraging)
9.  My seam ripper is not afraid to begin a new pattern or technique.  (Self-Assured)


And, finally...


10.  My seam ripper will never leave me for a new, better, younger, skinnier quilter.  (Loyal)

Seriously.  Right there in your sewing basket you have supportive, dependable, easy-going, non-judgmental, light-hearted, discreet, patient, encouraging, self-assured, and loyal.  If my friends could use only ONE of those adjectives to describe me, I'd be floatin' on clouds for days.

So, take care of your seam ripper.  It does so much for you.  Perhaps I need to get out of the house for a while...

No comments: