Monday, October 24, 2011

The Promise of a Front Door

Last week, my first grade son was on Fall Break. 

No, that isn't a typo.  Our school system gives the kids (and the teachers) a breather after the first quarter is over.  As a former teacher, I thought this was a WONDERFUL idea.  I worked in another school district.  How envious I was of those educators who had a luxurious five days to let their gray matter settle. 

As a parent, however...

I'm kidding!  :)  I enjoyed spending extra time with the boy, and am so thankful that I am able to do so.  We made Halloween Rice Krispie shapes, visited a few church craft bazaars, bounced at the bouncy place, and went out for a Mother/Son "gourmet" lunch.  (That means Wendy's when you're six.)  The time actually flew by.  Not a great deal of sewing or Mommy work completed, but a good bonding week.

I did manage to finish the little embroidery project I've been working on.  Voila!



The design is just adorable from Chickadee Hollow Designs.  Love their stuff!  I'm thinking The Little Shop of Stitches needs to start carrying some of their products soon! 

I have fallen in love with hand stitching.  The day doesn't seem right unless I've stitched at least a few minutes.  It is relaxing, and it calms my brain - and that is not a simple feat!  

This lovely little project has a lot of meaning for me.  This is a promissory note to myself.  Someday...The Little Shop of Stitches will have a front door. 

No comments: