Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Tips

Do you remember Monica from the show Friends?  I LOVED that show!  Don't tell me if you are too young to remember -- I don't wanna hear it.

Monica looooooved organizing stuff!  Labels, bins, folders...she had a specific place for everything!  Some-who-shall-remain-nameless think I am Monica.  Obsessed, perhaps a little neurotic.  Do I hear nodding out there???

I don't think I'm THAT bad!  If you could see my desk right now, you would agree.  Let's just say I have "Monica-Like-Tendencies" and leave it at that.

Today I have been in my sewing room -- not sewing, but organizing.  I'm not quite done yet, but it's getting better.  I can at least walk through the room now.  (See??  Just tendencies!)

Anyway, I would like to tell you about an AWESOME tip that was shared with me.  Arrah, my friend from my sewing group, uses an over the door shoe hanger, like this one:

Nothing super fancy, right?  About ten bucks at Target.  Here's the way cool part!

She organizes her fabric scraps in it!!!  Monica would be so proud!

She labels each little pocket with a color or style.  Then, if she needs a little pink or a little green, she can find it right away!  Love it!  This is why I am organizing today.  OK, also, so I can walk through my sewing room again.

The photo above came from an awesome blog called IHeartOrganizing.  I am not sure how this one slipped passed my radar, but Jen has great tips on organizing just about anything.  In looking for the shoe hanger, I also found this picture she had on the same post:

I don't really have a shoe-thing, but the colors caught my eye.  And, if you are a true stitcher, you are thinking the same thing I am...

"Hmmmm...I wonder what that would look like with fabric in it...."

What kind of tips do you have for organizing your fabric, your thread, your yarn?  Leave a comment and let's share!

1 comment:

Ruby Blue Quilting Studio said...

Love this! Just wish I knew about it before I bough tall those bulky storage bins a few weeks ago! Owell! Thanks for the tip!