Thursday, November 3, 2011

Busy Little Elves

"Sorry I've been MIA lately."

I have read this statement numerous times this week, all from completely different people!  I'm not sure if it's the time of year when everyone gets so bogged down with their to-do list, or what exactly.  Several bloggers I read on a regular basis have been to Quilt Market and Quilt Festival in Houston.  (Jealous!)  Another blogger said she'd come down with a case of pneumonia.  (Yuck!)  And, now it comes from me to you.  I don't have a good excuse.  

But, I do have some fun things to show you!

I'm taking The Little Shop of Stitches on the road, displaying my wares at various craft shows here in my town.   So, I've been in "merchandising" mode, making sure everything looks its best.  I've spent hours and hours listening to Christmas music (puts me in the holiday mood, I don't care if it's too early) in my sewing room.  Not so much sewing, as assembling.  

First, I need a place to hold all the fabric cuts I'll be taking.  No room on the shelves, so I made a shelf...out of baskets.

 Cute, yes?  I found the baskets at a yard sale this summer for less than $2.  They are held together using those giant binder clips.  Add some fabric, and voila!





 Easy up, easy down, easy to transport.
Then, the real fun began.  Fun with fat quarters!  First, I rolled up two...




 They are held them together with a little clear packing tape.   Add some accessories, and we have Fat Quarter Lollipops!  No calories!




 Next, I found these cute little plastic heart boxes.  I put a fat quarter in each, wrapped a ribbon around, and added a "Thought for the Day." 

 There are others, but this one is my personal favorite.  Consider this my closing thought...



No comments: