Monday, April 16, 2012

Amy Butler Patchy Pillow

I am extremely lucky to be surrounded by people who are willing to lend a helping hand.  I have an amazing support system...those willing to listen to me, those who can brainstorm ideas, and those who roll up their sleeves and sew with me.

Last week, I shared the beginnings of the Patriotic Twist quilted wall hanging.  It remains started, but not finished.  Still in the WIP/UFO pile.  (If you can interpret that, you are a true quilter!)
I'd like to highlight one of my Mom's projects.  She is in the "roll up her sleeves and sew" category.  Truth be told, she probably belongs in a category all her own!

In gearing up for quilt show season, we've been busy like bees making samples of some of our favorite patterns.  This is Amy Butler's Patchy Pillow made with three fabrics from her Soul Blossom collection.
It is such a nice size at 26x14 inches -- not too big, not too small.  How awesome as a gift for a new graduate moving off to a college dorm or first apartment!  I love that it is reversible!
This pillow received lots of compliments at our first quilt show.  Our next one is coming up soon at the end of April.  This one is extra-special to me because it is in my hometown, and where someday The Little Shop will have a front door.  Click here to see details on the Miamisburg Quilt Show.  If you can make it, we'd love to see you!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Such a beautiful pillow Jenn! Great fabrics!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .com said...

Love anything amy butler and your pillow is no exeption. Ha.

I would like to invite you to come link it up with us at our party, which is currently themed 'mothers day', and i would think this would make a great gift for a mom!

http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Nice pillow, and I LOVE that fabric!

Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday. I'll be featuring you
tomorrow, so be sure to stop by
and grab a 'featured' button!